Coloring Adventure in Math

Coloring Adventure in Math

Looking for the perfect holiday gift for your mathematical or artistic friends?

Patterns of the Universe was released today.  It is the US version of a coloring book by Edmund Harriss and Alex Bellos.  I contributed one of the images and was able to get an early copy.  They really did a fantastic job with it! 

In Europe, it is titled Snowflake Seashell Star
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1782117881/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1615193235/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1615193235&linkCode=as2&tag=gravit-20&linkId=UFGUDRWYADUSP6WF

Comments

  1. I looked at this when Alex Bellos posted about it but I had already decided to send something from Johanna Basford (US http://goo.gl/vXrRGN UK http://goo.gl/mTcFLq) to some friends in Europe who are not mathematically inclined.  Apparently, colouring books for adults are a trend!

    I may make a post about this if I can find some time.  Are you permitted to share a (perhaps lower res) copy of the image you contributed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin Clift, that'd be awesome.  Would a photo of the image in the book suffice?  What I actually gave them was a vector graphics file, which they normalized to have the formatting of all the other images in the book.  So I don't actually have a digital image of my contribution which looks precisely like what you'll see there.

    As one sign that colouring books for adults are a big thing now, my wife is in a colouring book club, and they are going to use this one for some projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,  I think that should be enough to whet someone's appetite, thanks.  Sharing from there looks a bit convulated but it seems as though it will work if I'm careful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Google photos lets you download images. If not, I'm happy to email too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I tried to download it last night it just copied it to my version of photos (it seemed) but from there if I set my starting location to All rather than a circle I think I can add text and send it to Public. My email is my name with dot separation at gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With just a couple new features, MagicTile could allow people to compose and print their own. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roice Nelson
    One more thing to do in your copious spare time! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hyperbolic Hopf Fibrations