Hyperbolic Fibration Animation 1

Hyperbolic Fibration Animation 1

Owen Maresh asked about making videos of the hyperbolic hopf fibrations, and here is a simple animation rotating the first around.

Cooler stuff to be done:
- Animate a fibration with hyperbolic transformations
- Animate through the 2-parameter family of fibrations
- Show the fibration and quotient surface side by side, and animate pulled back surfaces like Niles Johnson did for S^3

For more details, see my original post:
https://plus.google.com/+RoiceNelson/posts/1w3aoQgj61g

P.S. I'd like to figure out how to make these look better on youtube/vimeo.  I wasn't happy with either, and the video looks much cleaner locally.  It seems video compression doesn't like all those tiny fibers. Suggestions welcome!
https://vimeo.com/146364033

Comments

  1. Very nice.
    Curious why Vimeo and not YouTube.
    Stereo would be nice and can substitute for video in some cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melinda Green, I uploaded to YouTube as well, but the quality on Vimeo seems a hint better. Maybe this is just in my head though.

    Both lose definition and have artifacts near the ball boundary, when compared to my source video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roice Nelson I just compared them and to me the YouTube version looks better, but I did need to specifically choose HD, playback, otherwise it was set to stream at 480p. I think that fractal-like subjects can easily confuse some of the video codecs that are based on fractal compression, or at least aren't optimized for subjects other than kid's birthday parties and such. It would be nice if there were a way for the publisher or viewer of a video to require sufficient buffering to allow for lossless playback, but I guess that's not important enough or even possible in some situations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hyperbolic Hopf Fibrations